Everyday fresh, healthy, quality meals made from scratch.
In our schools we prepare over 11,000 meals daily for students ranging from preschool children to high school seniors. Meals are always created on-site, from scratch, using the finest products. Our commitment is to provide traceable, local and sustainable meals with a focus on seasonality.
We recognize the importance of the local food community.
Our Farm to School program is committed to providing our schools with ingredients that are locally sourced, sustainable and traceable. We procure seasonal fruits and vegetables, eggs, dairy products, legumes and cider from NY, NJ, CT & PA farms.
Local not only includes our network of farms, but we also appreciate your school's community, whether that means buying bread from a bakery around the corner or exploring neighborhood specialty foods.
Nutrition at The Browning School
The Browning School has partnered with Cater To You as the food service provider to create daily meals that focus on optimal nutritional impact for the community. Meals are centered on a wide variety of protein sources both animal and plant based, whole grains, legumes, dairy foods, healthy fats, and the freshest of fruits and vegetables.
Menus are developed monthly to reflect seasonal availability, holidays and the special needs of The Browning School community. The culinary team is led by our Chef Manager, Melinda Aponte, and our Sous Chef, Luis Gonzalez. Combined, their culinary knowledge exceeds 20 years in the production of food for children in a school setting.
The Browning School has a peanut and tree nut awareness policy in place. Cater to You does not prepare or serve meals which it knows or has reason to believe contain peanuts or tree nuts.
Extensive allergy awareness training certified by AllerTrain and ServSafe has been completed by both the Chef Manager and the Sous Chef. In addition, all other CtY employees serving the community of the Browning School receive allergy awareness training as part of their on-boarding groundwork.
Daily Dining at The Browning School
Daily Lunch Selection:
All menu items are prepared fresh daily by the full-time staff of four cooks plus the chef and sous chef, who work to oversee that all preparation meets or exceeds our professional standards.
Daily Items Include:
- Freshly prepared soup
- Featured daily entrée
- Side dish of whole grain, legume or starch
- Seasonal vegetable side dish
- Assorted fresh fruit options – bananas, NYS apples, oranges
- Both low fat & whole milk delivered from Batten Kill Creamery – Salem, NY
Drink options also include freshly prepared in-house Aqua Fresca, naturally flavored water using the infusion of seasonal fruits or vegetable, NYS Apple Cider or chilled filtered water.
- A specialty dessert item is featured once a week.
Our Salad Bar Program.
Guests have the option to prepare their own plate by choosing from any of the following items:
- A daily salad green – Mesclun Mix, Romaine, Boston, Arugula, Escarole, Kale or Spinach
- Homemade salad dressings which include: Balsamic Vinaigrette, Apple Cider Vinaigrette, CtY Dressing
- Legumes, Garbanzo, Kidney and Black beans
- Sliced Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Daily Variety of Protein Salads – Tuna Salad, Egg Salad, Grain Salad
- Stonyfield Organic Yogurt- 2oz portions, flavors vary on a daily basis
- Cream Cheese
- Daily Variety of Sliced Cheeses – Cheddar, Provolone , Swiss and Muenster
- Variety of freshly sliced vegetables: Tomatoes, Carrots, Celery, Cucumbers
- Butter or margarine – available upon request
- Sliced fresh fruit
- House baked, nut- free granola
Our Deli Bar Program.
Guests also have the option to prepare their own sandwich from a selection of freshly baked breads, which includes:
- Brioche Rolls, Fresh Baguette, Whole Wheat Bread, Cinnamon Raisin Bread or Hard Roll
- A rotating variety of meat selections. including turkey, ham, grilled chicken, salami and roast beef
- A rotating selection of egg salad or tuna salad
- Lettuce and tomato
- A variety of roasted vegetables
- Sliced cheese – Cheddar, Swiss, Mozzarella and Provolone
- Fresh pickles
- Gluten-free breads are available on request
In addition, a daily sandwich special is prepared. Examples include: Turkey Swiss Baguette, Seasonal Roast Vegetable Wrap, Ham and Cheddar Baguette, Roasted Chicken Salad on Whole Wheat and Tuna Salad on Hard Roll. Special sandwiches are served on a rotational basis with a different choice daily.
Our Allergen Policy
Cater to You does not prepare or serve meals which it knows or has reason to believe contain peanuts or tree- nuts. Notwithstanding the efforts of Cater to You to maintain an environment free of peanuts or tree nuts, it may inadvertently use food items from outside vendors which, despite its requirements, have been produced in a facility area which processes those allergens. There is also a possibility that manufacturers of the commercial foods we use could change the formulation at any time, without notice.